Friday, May 29, 2009

Oh, Deer!




















On my way home from an engagement session at Gillette Castle on Monday, I stopped along a country road to get a few shots of some deer grazing.

They were a little concerned at first, and didn't move for about 60 seconds before they went back to eating. I was probably about 50 yards away. I thought for sure I was going to scare them away when I opened up the back hatch of my car to get my camera. But they seemed content.

Until all of a sudden, I heard what sounded like a stampede of buffalo (maybe I'm exaggerating a little), come from the other side of the clearing. And three more deer came running out of the woods, jumped the stone wall that I was standing behind and ran into the woods. I'm not gonna lie. I was a little freaked out because, I have never been that close (about 15 yards) to a deer that is running full speed ahead.




















I was able to get just one somewhat clear shot of one of them running into the woods. Imagine having to tell people that you got hit by a deer, but it wasn't while you were driving?

That pretty much concluded my brush with the great outdoors on Monday. After that, the two deer in the clearing trotted off.

2 comments:

  1. "Imagine having to tell people that you got hit by a deer..." --that's hilarious. Wonderful story and a great single shot, Jen. Thanks for sharing! --HC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. It looks like a shot of impala on the Serengheti Plains.

    ReplyDelete